Lyndon United Methodist Preschool
. . . is an educational outreach ministry of the Lyndon United Methodist Church. Our program focuses on the whole child– socially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and intellectually– through exploration and discovery. It is our mission to help children enter their first years of elementary school with a love of learning, an ability to socialize well with others, and a desire to truly master all of the subjects presented. Our program promotes children’s growth in many ways:
• Gives children a basic concept of God’s love for them.
• Encourages independence.
• Promotes strong health and personal habits.
• Encourages children to think for themselves.
• Gives children the opportunity to help plan activities.
• Enlarges their information about their world around them: people, plants, animals, and their country.
Children 3-4 years old meet Tues. and Thursday mornings; children 4-5 years old meet Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings.
Children who attend preschool are more likely to:
• Identify more primary colors.
• Recognize more letters.
• Recognize more numbers.
• Be able to count higher.
• Write his/her own name.
• Write or draw rather than scribble.
• Make the transition into kindergarten more easily.
• Be able to follow directions.
• Understand school routine.
• Have higher socialization skills
Open enrollment starts February 1, 2018
for the 2018/2019 school year
If you have a child 3 to 4 years of age
you would like to attend our Preschool
contact the church office at 785 828-4744
Our program is governed by a board of directors which meets once a month from August to May.
Director/Teacher: Kathy Williamson
Teachers: Kathy Dehn & Sherry Moore
Chairperson: Marcia Wischropp
Treasurer: Kathyrn Shepard